- Both from Shakado Site, Yamanashi Prefecture
- The right one has some earthen balls in it
and rings like a bell.
- Sakaigawa Village, Yamanashi Prefecture
- This type of faces are seen on pots at this
stage found in various areas. See "Jomon pottery 2" and "Shussan-doki"..
- The biggest flat doll
- 32 cm
- The Sannai-maruyama Site, Aomori Prefecture
- 14 cm high
- Morita Village, Aomori Prefecture
A doll named Jomon Venus
- 27 cm high.
- Chino City, Nagano Prefecture (You can meet
her at Yatsugatake Museum until the summer
in 2000. After that she will be moved back
to Togari-ishi Museum in the same city where
she originally belongs, when the reconstruction
of the museum is over, around July 20.)
Jomon Clay Dolls in the Middle Stage