Nishi-Hongan-ji is the head temple of the Jodo-Shinshu Honganji faction.
Youngest daughter of the founder Saint Shinran constructed the mausoleum
hall in Kyoto in 1272. It is officially named as Honganji by the third
saint Kakujo. Eighth Saint Renyo enlarged into a large religious sorority.
After moving several areas in 159 years, Hideyoshi Toyotomi contributed
the temple ground and moved at the present place. Honganji separates from
east to west in 1602. The Mieido hall and Amidado are both important cultural
assets. It registered in the World Heritage in December, 1994.
Amidado (main temple) was rebuilt in 1760. 37m in east and west, 42m in
south and north, and 24m in height. Amida Buddha's wooden statue is in
center of the hall.
Amidado (main temple) was rebuilt in 1760.
37m in east-west, 42m in south-north, 24m in height