Synchronize and back up your files
OS: Windows95/98/Me/NT4.0/2000/XP License: Free to try;
$15.00 to buy
CopyTo Synchronizer offers a wide set of options for backing up, updating,
and synchronizing files.
Use it to safely synchronize files between a desktop PC and a notebook PC,
move files between the home and office with removable media, or update
multiple computers on a network, with the multiple folder settings.
As you synchronize files, you can filter certain filenames and exclude
specified folders using wildcards. You can display a preview window and
check for disk space before you start the copying process.
You can save and recall settings that you enter into CopyTo using the
CopyTo project file, which have the ".cp2"extension. You can start
synchronizing using the settings in the project file by double-clicking.
CopyTo Synchronizer features a clean, intuitive interface, and may
evaluated at no cost up to 30 days.
New features in v3.0:
- Added full Unicode support (file names, etc.) on Windows NT4.0/2000/XP
- Offers a variety of kinds of backups, like Copy Backup, Full Backup,
Differential Backup, Incremental Backup, File Compare.
- Bundled "Task Controller" program. This program enables the project
file to be added to the Windows Task easily.
- Improved user interface of the project properties dialog box.
- You can view the execution history of the project file.
- Added the following option on the project properties:
- Specifies the user name and the password to use to connect to the
- Displays the percentage of the copy operation completed for each
file (Not available on Windows9X)
- Leaves the progress dialog box opened after the updating process is
- Turns off the read-only attribute after copying each file.
- Turns on the NTFS-Compressed attribute after copying each file.
- Easy to use intuitive user interface.
- Specifies the priority class for the CopyTo process.
- Customizes CopyTo functions on the context menu of Windows Explorer.
- Supports multiple folders.
- Include/Exclude filters which you specify (wildcards supported)
- Excludes folders and files which you specify (wildcards supported)
- Verifies each file on a byte by byte basis after copying.
- Revisions : saves the existing file by renaming according to the
following rules before replacing by the newer file.
- Compresses all files within each folder into one archive using ZIP
- Verifies the volume label of the drive before CopyTo starts.
- Customizes the sounds for specific events, on
- Specifies the command line of the application you wish to launch
before/after the project file runs.
- Displays Warning dialog box about Not enough space on the disk.
- Automatically Ignore FAT/NTFS time differences.
- Supports adjusting difference of Daylight Saving Time. (Treats files
exactly 1 hour apart as equal for daylight savings time)
- Records details of the updating process to the log file (HTML
Preview Window Features:
- Displays the Preview window before you start the updating process.
- Supports Expand/Collapse on the Preview window.
- Sets the copy direction of items on the Preview window.
- Specifies the external applications which is invoked from the context
menu on the Preview Window.
- Compares two files with a binary comparison.
- Copies items to clipboard, or save to a file.
- Copies/Moves multiple files and folders to target location.
- Deletes multiple files and folders.