Explanatry note of "Self-washing pen"
1, Special Features of "Self-washing
"Self-washing pen" ( "MIZU-FUDE-PEN"
by KURETAKE Co.,Ltd Nara.Japan) is
* an epoch-making device, with water to be
put into the pen-handle.
* extremely convinient to be used anywhere
without a pictuer,
* easily prepared and finished, and therefore
* more suitable than any other pen for picture
cards or outdoor activities
such as traveling and nature observation.
"Self-washing pen" by KURETAKE Co.,Ltd Nara.Japan
2, How to prepare
* First, take off the penpoint, put water
into the pen-handle, and set the penpoint.
* Then push the "PUSH" part of
the pen-handle to inject water into the penpoint.
* Next wipe off the penpoint with tissue
to keep it wet to a sliget degree.
3, How to use
* Put watercolor directly to the penpoint,
and dwaw a picture.
* Push the pen-handle to refill the penpoint
with water if,
and only when, there is insufficient waterat the penpoint.
* Wipe off the penpoint with tissue if there
is too much water.
4, How to change colors
* Just wipe off the penpoint with tissue
a few times to clear and change the color.
5, How to draw a picture in the best way
* Do not put too much color at one time.
First draw lightly, and, after it drys,
draw lightly again. Repeat this process.
This way minimizes need to mix colors.
* Before painting a large area like sky at
wet the paper with the penpoint without
watercolor on it.
(Mt. Yatsugatake Nagano pref.)
6, How to mix colors
* Prepare a sheet of glossy paper, and mix
colors on it.
* To avoid staining a watercolor with another
color, wipe off the penpoint each time.
7, How to Finish
* Just wipe off the penpoint, and put the
cap on it.
8, E-mail and Homepage
Chihiro Tanaka (Tokyo Japan)
Ochanomizu UNIV. Tokyo
The web-site of "Self-washing pen"
and "Water-color network"